WELCOME THE NEW VERSION OF HC:
WELCOME TO THE GAME OF INTRIGUE, STRATEGY, AND ESPIONAGE...
Set up and play just as you would a normal game of Historical Conquest, with the following changes.
1) When you play your cards, you play them face down so your opponents cannot see who or what the card is. The only exception is Land cards, which are always face up.
2) If you want to use an ability, you must show the card to your opponents, do what the ability says, then place it face down in its respective land (or the Active Area if an Event, Technology, etc.) If you use an Explorer to discover a new land, you must show the Explorer.
3) If any of your lands attack or are being attacked, both lands flip up their Character and Army cards. The battle is then resolved as normal.
4) Spy and Assassin cards have a new special ability. At the beginning of your turn before you play any cards, each Spy/Assassin card can look at one of your opponent’s cards. Flip your Spy/Assassin if you decide to look at a card. Your opponent then shuffles the cards in that specific land (or Active Area.) Then flip your Spy/Assassin back once you are done. Your Spy/Assassin can look at an opponent’s card if:
A) Your Spy/Assassin is on the same continent as the card you looking at.
B) Your Spy/Assassin is looking at a card in the Active Area.
C) Your Spy/Assassin is in the same land as an Explorer, you may then travel to a different continent (your Explorer must be flipped up too.)
D) You have any other card that allows your Spy/Assassin to travel between different continents.
5) If a cards ability allows you to challenge, confiscate, or assassinate another player’s card. All cards in a specific land (or Active Area) are shuffled and one of the cards is chosen
IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS TO MAKE THIS VERSION BETTER, PLEASE WRITE US: HISTORICALCONQUEST@GMAIL.COM